If you’re a travel enthusiast who wants to explore new places on a budget, India offers many options. The country boasts of beautiful destinations you can explore without spending a lot of money.
And if funds are tight, a travel loan in India or line of credit can help you travel now and pay later!
Check out these budget travel destinations in India the next time wanderlust hits you:
1. Budget Destinations in North India
- Rishikesh – From spiritual experiences to thrilling adventure, the Yoga Capital of India has it all. Check out the beach and mountain camps along the Ganges, participate in the ‘aarti’, and visit the Valley of Flowers if you can.
- McLeodganj & Dharamsala – McLeodganj and its twin town Dharamsala are Himachal’s own Little Lhasa and Mini-Tibet. Explore temples, monasteries, restaurants and adventure camps when you visit these quaint hill stations.
- Kasol & Nainital – Nestled in the Himalayas, Heaven’s Gateway and the City of Lakes are a budget traveler’s dream. Along with sightseeing, trekking and camping, you must visit the cafes, bakeries and restaurants while you’re there.
2. Budget Destinations in North-East India
- Gangtok – Sikkim’s capital is the ideal budget destination to visit if you love the hills, trekking and delicious Tibetan food. Unique attractions include the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology and Tashi View Point observatory.
- Darjeeling – Despite being a popular destination for hill lovers, Darjeeling is quite economical if you’re traveling on a budget. Lazy tea plantations, cool mists and attractions such as the Toy Train make it completely unforgettable!
- Meghalaya – If you’ve never visited The Abode Of Clouds, you’re in for a treat. The living root bridges of Meghalaya are celebrated around the world, and the delicious local food will send your taste buds to heaven.
3. Budget Destinations in West & Central India
- Lonavala – The hill station may be best known for chikki and fudge, but Lonavala offers a lot more than yummy sweets. Go trekking or hiking in the hills, explore ancient forts, and cool off in waterfalls during the monsoon.
- Pushkar – Located at the edge of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan, the Land Of Camels is peppered with historic temples, ghats and pilgrimage sites. It also offers camel rides, adventure activities and delicious local food.
- Khajuraho – The centuries-old temples with erotic sculptures are the most famous attraction of Khajuraho. If you’re looking to explore India’s ancient roots and heritage on a budget, this town should definitely be on your list.
4. Budget Destinations in South & South-West India
- Kanyakumari – The southernmost tip of the Indian subcontinent is a popular heritage tourism destination. It offers enchanting views of the sunrise and sunset, along with gorgeous beaches, ancient temples, delicious food and more.
- Hampi – Explore India’s rich history and heritage in ‘The Forgotten Empire’, one of the best budget destinations in the country. If you travel to the area in early November, make sure to take in the colorful Hampi Utsav festival.
- Ooty – The Queen Of Hills is a nature lover’s paradise, with lush green hills as well as tea, rose and botanical gardens you can lose yourself in. The hill station is also known for historical sites and bakeries with delicious treats.
- Gokarna & Goa – If you want a beach holiday, Goa offers something for every budget. But if you’re looking for a peaceful retreat away from the crowds, Gokarna is the perfect alternative with beaches, water sports and boating.
You can definitely travel on a low budget, especially if you avoid popular tourist destinations and go to lesser-known ones. Get a travel loan if money is tight or you need to travel unexpectedly!